I successfully work with people whose lives are affected by excessive anxiety
People suffering from anxiety disorder find it difficult to build healthy relationships, attend social events and deal with everyday life.
Feelings of fear or worry are the most common symptoms of anxiety disorders. The symptoms can be both emotional and physical.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
There are four main types of Anxiety Disorder:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Although in large experiencing anxiety is normal as it indicates or alerts when you might be in danger or need to avoid certain situations. However, exaggerated anxiety issues can have a significant negative impact on your life and relationships, triggering related conditions such as depression and even mask depressional symptoms.
Your treatment will focus on:
- Understanding how your problems, thoughts, feelings and behaviours affect each other to cause anxiety
- Questioning your negative and anxious thoughts
- Examining how you behave and react in situations that trigger your anxieties
- Learning to do things you normally avoid by confronting your fears in a safe controlled environment
Forming coping mechanism to manage difficult thoughts and feelings
I will support you through the treatment process
If you wish to discuss the possibility of entering a personalised treatment programme and working towards regulating a normal level of anxiety in your life, you will find my contact details if you click here.